Friday 18 January 2013

The Chop

Every time I make the decision to grow my hair I get the urge to cut it a few months later and the cycle continues leaving me with a short do. At the moment its longer than it has been in years, but I am starting to get bored with it already. I want to dye it (something like baby pink, or bright blue), I want to cut it short, I just want to play with it, but I know that as soon as I do that I throw away my chance of having long hair again.

At a photo-shoot they gave n this upstyle that looks like a short do, which was an interesting change. They used a lot of pins and just pulled it all up so the ends from the back of my hair were actually on the top of my head. My normal hair is shown next to it so you can see the length they were working with. Maybe a cut like this would be fun. I am just going to wait till my wigs get here from Korea because then even if I cut my hair I can have the best of both worlds... right.....?? I was looking at hair tints too, I don't know anyone who has used them but this one seems like fun and it has mostly good reviews.

In the winter my wig is the best because its warm and having long hair I think adds some femininity to chunky winter layers. I dunno. I don't think that many people wear them so it is a little strange, but I don't care, I see it as an accessory and its not pulling chunks out of my hair like my extensions did. Another reason why I wear the wig sometimes. If you are running late, but you still have to deal with hair, putting on a wig is like having a ready made hairstyle! This one is synthetic, but you can use flat irons on it on a low setting.



My sister recently took the leap and cut her hair into a short bob, shaved pretty high at the back, in her first step towards going all natural. I applaud her for wanting to do that, I can't be arsed with an afro at the moment. Just trying to comb through the roots that are growing through is infuriating and I have all but given up till I go for a straightening or Brazilian Blow Dry.

I feel like there is this pressure for me to go natural, like people think I am trying to be something I am not when I straighten my hair.. I just think its less hassle, and if its straight I can add curls easily, but if its curly its really hard to get it straight properly. Meh, each to their own, if I had the patience to grow out a beautiful afro that would be nice, but knowing me it would never get that long because I don't think I would do half of the treatments I am supposed to do. I am going to watch my sisters progress and see what's up..


No comments:

Post a Comment