Thursday 3 January 2013

2013

As is my regular redundant custom in the new year I always get a really cute, pretty and sometimes expensive diary from the stationary store, use it for a month and when it becomes bothersome to carry around it joins the collection of diary's past in the corner wondering where they went wrong. This time I have decided to save trees and cash by starting a blog.

The problem I had before was that, when cool things that I should write about in my diary happened, I was too busy having fun to write about it, and when I was home reflecting on life's more depressing points I was drawn to write about it and it made for some rather depressing reading. So this time I am going to just write things I remember, recent, past, whatever.

To welcome in the new year my friends and I took our hangovers to a park, or so I was lead to believe till we arrived and it was actually a graveyard. I am not one of those people who used to hang out at the graveyard as a teenager, drawing pentagrams and writing poetry, so at first I thought it all a bit odd that after all these long years, on New Years Day I found myself at a grave yard.

My initial preconceptions aside it turned out to be a peaceful and quite beautiful place. As it was sunset the light that filtered through the trees and over the gravestones gave Brompton Cemetery a glow making it more towards the peaceful and less Evil Dead.


Everyone seemed to be enjoying the fresh (London) air and the stroll. Apparently this cemetery was used in the filming of Sherlock Holmes. Watching as squirrels were playing on one of the deceased's resting places was a really good reminder that life is short and I should make the best out of the new years, because once in the ground everything just goes on without you. Squirrels have no respect. I was bitten by a squirrel once at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment