Thursday 3 January 2013

Chopstick Through Eye Prevention Agents (CTEPA)

Being back in country after so long, I inevitably have to find a new job and earn an income as I don't want to be at my parent's house for any longer than absolutely necessary. Looking for jobs in London, especially in what I want to do, is a soul destroying and often mind numbing experience.

But with help I have managed to stay sane, and prevent myself from removing my brain through my eyes, using the chopsticks I just ate my 라면 (Korean instant noodles) with....

Chopstick through eye prevention agent 1:
Shinichi Osawa (formerly Mondo Grosso), changed his name and style, and I like what he changed to. 

I saw him on this night when he played Club Volume in Seoul where I may or may not have been working.




Here are a just two of his songs, I tried to show you two that are different in style, because he has a range of different styles for every mood. And if you don't like the song there are angry bears shooting stuff so you can't complain.


Chopstick through eye prevention agent 2: 
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

I was away for so long that I totally missed these guys, as anything non top 40 rarely filters through to Korea, the land of K-pop, and K-pop, AND...... if you're bored of K-pop, K-pop covers of perfectly decent songs.. But that is totally different post. These guys seem to be chill.. And I like to mix my up's with my downs.


More chilled than Shinichi but not a snooze fest so I can stay awake long enough to read the same job descriptions for different jobs over and over again... >.<

Chopstick through eye prevention agent 3:
Nosaj Thing

While I knew one or two of his songs I really hadn't taken the time to look for more as my Melon search brought up a total of 1 track, and after that effort I lost focus and gave up on my search. It was a great track, (a remix of The XX's, of whom I am also now a fan, song 'Islands') so a little later on I remembered that I should do a search for more of his stuff. Kinda pissed at Melon for denying me such a great artist, with Korean heritage too! But  now I am in a country of more musical diversity I will be able to get his stuff more easily.







Wise words on the last video;


Listen with a subwoofer and reap the bassy rewards!

When I get my PS3 from Korea (poor baby is travelling alone) I look forward to playing games and getting blazed drinking tea to this.

So I would like to thank the agents above for helping me keep my eyeballs intact as REED and Jobs.ac.uk tag team raging on my sanity.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment