Sunday 27 January 2013

Apple Crumble.....! :D




My Sis hit Costco today and came home with coma inducing amounts of Nutella, but also with apples and my hormones were craving dessert. I decided to put off the inevitable eczema, that always results from consuming large quantities of Nutella for about a day, and embarked on an apple crumble adventure..  


yaaaay....!

So there are two sets of ingredients, one for the apple filling; Apples, I used 6 (you can see the size in the picture, I have large man hands by the way, that's a decent sized apple), three tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of ground cloves, and four tablespoons of Amaretto~~!

Peel, core and dice apples! (couldn't find out corer, so this took AGES -_-;; )

Enjoy some Amaretto!


And one for the crumble, I used about 120 grams (half a mug??) of brown sugar, and flour, two tablespoons of butter, one tablespoon of ground cinnamon, about 5 (crushed) biscuits.


Crumble ingredients; brown sugar, and flour, butter, ground cinnamon and (pre-ground cinnamon sticks)

I used 'Hobnobs' for the biscuits. They're my favourite biscuits! :D pretty easy to come by, but you can use digestives, almonds, or rolled oats, to add a little extra crunch to the crumble :)

Hobnobs! "Nobbly".... lol.. oooooook.
1. Put all the apple mix in the pan and heat over a low heat for about 15 minutes, I  stirred it occasionally, and while that was on I made the crumble:
Pan with apples, cinnamon, cloves, and Amaretto.

2. Mix all the crumble ingredients together by hand. I also tried crushing the Hobnobs by hand and after I started to mix the other bits together, I realised there were too many big bits of biscuit, so used this pumice got the best biscuit texture.
(all this could be negated if you use a blender to mix the crumble ingredients, but I hate cleaning those things and couldn't be bothered to move everything else on the side just to make space to use it..)


3. I buttered the baking tray, and poured the apple-ly contents of the pan in the baking tray, poured the crumble over it, and put it in the oven. 

I used a fan assisted oven preheated to 200C, and left it in there for 20 minutes, yours might take a little longer or a little less (20-30mins) so I suggest you check on it towards the end.

Here it is on the way  into the oven,


Here is the finished result:
Not diet food!
Definitely not diet food, covered in custard....!


I heated some Ambrosia custard and used my captive audience of my sister and her boyfriend as willing test subjects for my first baking adventure in a while.. (I never had an oven in Korea!) and they seemed to like it! No one has died, and I fell into a food coma straight after eating this. Good times.



No comments:

Post a Comment