Saturday 30 May 2015

Hair Troubles

I have been blonde for nearly a year now, and up until a point it was all great! All the fun happened!

Gradually, in my eagerness to go lighter and lighter to eventually a colour I could make cotton candy pink, I over dyed my hair and lost a massive patch at the back of my head.


Not completely to the scalp but there are parts of my hair that are about 1/4 the length of the rest! It was quite traumatising at the time but after a brief moment outside a hairdressers in two minds whether to cut it all off or not and try an asexual cut, my sister convinced me to wait.

It has been a few months of solid moisturising, no shampoo, leave in conditioner, evening soaks in coconut oil, wearing wigs and soaking my hair in
the oil during the day under the wig, basically a lot more thought and care than I am used to or happy with. I used to literally get up, wash and leave, no effort, it was great.

I am going to get my hair crocheted by my sister in an attempt to do what she tells me is 'protective styling' where my hair is given time to just grow without interference. 

Sunnies in there for scale

I still love the blonde so today I bought a ton of blonde hair, various types of braiding hair, for this, but first I have to do my roots again... for the first time since... 'the incident'.

I want to do this but ... I'm scared.


No comments:

Post a Comment