Wednesday 7 January 2015

The Death of Derp

This summer, one of our family members was involved in a hit and run accident and passed away.



This is an homage to Derp. A 2003 Nissan Micra and my first car. Gone but not forgotten.

Originally a gift from my parents, Derp was my first taste of real freedom. The little silver bug was exactly what I had wanted at the time. Small and cute he saw many an adventure. 

He was broken into in 2006 in the car park at Basildon Hospital, but never gave up my stereo. 

He hated winters even more than me, he'd have days when he just couldn't face going anywhere. All he needed was a little love and attention, and some extra power to the battery, and he would be as enthusiastic as ever.

He knew his limits, and would alert me with a gentle shudder if I ever accidentally ventured over the speed limit on the motorway. 

He was rowdy, never wanting to let a mere bollard stop him from getting where he needed to go, and wore his battle scar with pride. You had been through a lot, that I didn't even know about, and had lost your airbags in the process. Even in death he answered the question about the constant airbag warning light.

His gear box was tricky at times but he never let me down at the traffic lights, allowing me to sail past even the rudest rudeboy with the cuteness and elegance only a Micra could achieve.

His sounds would rival most clubs, with bass abilities capable of vibrating your brain, and other cars till their alarms went off. His charm started street dancing and head banging alike.

I miss u little Derp. I can only hope to give my future kids a little car as awesome as you were.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but aftr I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    car removal brisbane
    cash for cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete