Tuesday 12 February 2013

Winter Cold

This weekend was epic. There was drinking, merriment, snow, rain... cold... I think it has taken its toll.

Woke up this morning feeling rough with a swollen throat.. and I know this feeling so I figured, get the drugs, deal with the symptoms for now, and try to ride out this inevitable winter cold wave.

After digging through the various cold remedies and tablets that our mother left behind for us, the only things I recognised were some dissolve-able Beechams packets. I decided on a shot (glass) of Beechams... it tasted so bad that it tugged at my stomach and I was nearly sick but it did the trick and I was wandering around (the house) all day, and had completely forgotten that I was sick in the first place.

This evening, in order to avoid the near puking I switched for a flavoured Beechams this time, and I can say that a spoonful a shit ton of sugar makes the medicine foul-tasting-concoction-trying-to-pass-as-a-hot-fruit-drink go down.. but not fast enough. ugh. The I hope this cold is gone when I wake up :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment